From lesson plans, to clip art for materials, to Sacraments, Liturgy, Prayers, and Liturgical Seasons, there are a lot of resources for Catholic and Christian educators scattered across the web.
You can find online games, arts and crafts blueprints, and more but not all are organized and easy to find. Most are focused on K-8, as many high schools have their own specific programs, but there are many higher-level grade resources out there too!
I have gone through and organized a list of links, making things easy for you to find, and each link comes with a small breakdown from me of the contents of each page, but if you have suggestions or corrections, please send them my way. I want to keep this resource useful, and up-to-date.
- http://www.4catholiceducators.com/ Is a vertiable buffet of links and resources, from lesson plans, and religious education, teaching tools and links, religious art, Christian clip art, to reference tools, theology, Sacraments, Liturgy, prayer, Liturgical Seasons and even puzzles and coloring pages, this webpage has a lot for you to work with.
- https://www.catholicteacherresources.com/ is a non-profit out of the San Fransisco Archdiocses, which compiles ideas and resources from educators in San Fransisco, San Jose, and Oakland. With Catholic WebQuests, interactive Catholic games, Catholic Mass Plans and prayer services, Catholic writing prompts, bible stories, Catholic Virtual Tours, Catholic songs and music and more.
- http://www.catholiccatechist.org/ Contains many resources including games, icebreakers, worksheets, lesson plans and teaching aids, prayer services and many other supplements for your lessonplans broken down by classification.
- https://educationforjustice.org/ is focused on providing timely and engaging educational resources which highlight the foundations of Catholic Social Teaching and real-world applications. Promoting increased knowledge of the Church’s social mission. Supporting people of faith in making the connections between the signs of the times and the demands of the gospel locally and globally. Developing the skills of theological reflection and social analysis needed in a globalizing world. Encouraging greater awareness and engagement with justice issues, and fostering a transformation of mind and heart through materials created. All resources are located within a search-engine-like finder.
- http://www.thereligionteacher.com/religious-education-resources/ is a great list of books and resources you can purchase as an educator, and the site also covers activities, teaching strategies, lesson plans, class prayer guides, worksheets, and a free ebook.
- http://www.catholiceducation.org/en/ This is the Catholic Education Resource Center, and one of the most in-depth resources based on topic, journalistic essays and thinkpieces about almost every subject that a Catholic school child or educator might face or question. This is a great resource for older children who might want to look more in-depth at their faith and the threats posed to it, as well as current events, health, family, and more. Less lesson plan-type resources here, more reading articles relevant to us all.
- http://www.eds-resources.com/edthe.htm A great resource for many ideas on lesson plans and more, from a wide variety of sources. Has not been updated since September of 2015, and is a little disorganized, but can be a great source of inspiration.
- http://www.catholicteacher.com/ This is the online companion to Today’s Catholic Teacher magazine. You can view their blog, and digital versions of past issues, but you’ll need to register to see the current magazine online.
- http://www.catholiccurriculumonline.com/ This is a very in-depth site focusing on Effective curriculum resources to integrate and infuse Catholicity within specific courses throughout all academic areas. Resources are aligned with the Common Core Standards. Engaging curriculum resources aligned with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age for Catholic high schools and the Adaptation of the Framework for parish Religious Education programs. Resources for retreats/renewals, spiritual formation days, etc. for high school Campus Ministries to enhance student spirituality. Also there are active forums allowing Catholic educators (high school and parish) to collaborate on lesson planning and for increasing the abilities to utilize Catholic teaching in all academic areas. You must apply for membership to access this site.
- http://saintfrancescabrini.net/online-resources-for-catechists-and-parents/ THis is a one-page list of links to online resources from a Catholic community in Fairless Hills, PA. Small list, and simple site, but some very useful links here!
- https://www.catholiccompany.com/children-educational-resources-c127/ Great place for teachers looking to purchase books for children and classrooms, prayer cards, flash cards, faith charts, books for themselves, and more.
- https://www.ncea.org/ This is the site for the National Catholic Educational Association, and focuses more on professional resources like career education and catholic education data.
- https://www.pinterest.com/ Can be a slog to wade through, and a lot of the pages linked are pages that you can find elsewhere on this list, but a great way to brainstorm lesson plans and activities is with Pinterest.
- http://www.catholicmom.com/religious_education_resources.htm is a list of books and other resources, but it a little long and not as organized to read through or search as I would like. All of the images on the site currently appear to be broken, so there might be out-of-date information here as well.
- http://www.loyolapress.com/catholic-kids.htm A Loyola Press list of resources for catholic kids, teens, and families, with prayers, activities and crafts for both classroom and the family.
- http://education.crs.org/ A non-profit called Catholic Relief Services that aims to work in the spirit of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to assist impovrished and disadvantages people overseas. While there is a lot on this site about programs and ways to help with their mission, there are also some great resources for older students looking for outreach and to help make a change in the world.
- http://catholicblogger1.blogspot.com/ Is a website put together by a mother who is passionate about what she does. Games, printables, special event planning, lesson plans, classroom, crafts, and more. An impressive list of resources to come from one woman running a website on her own.